Monday, August 18

Yet another HP screw-up

My wireless adapter just got fried yesterday, and a quick search on the intarwebz revealed that i was not alone. Apparently, this is just the beginning of the impending doom that's about to rain down on me. If these people are to be believed, sooner or later the display would probably malfunction, and that would be if I'm lucky since others seem to have crashed their hard drive right from the beginning. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I wouldn't have to suffer the same fate as these people. I've got an online backup system up and ready for critical files should anything happen, but then Mozy doesn't seem to recognize the new file formats Office 2007 uses, along with some of my ebooks, vector packs, and psd files.

The problem supposedly roots from a faulty motherboard that some Pavilion and Presario notebooks use, and it's interesting to note that I've already had mine replaced due to the same problem a few months ago, when I was still covered by the standard 12-month warranty. It seems that HP is just throwing out replacements even when it's already friggin' obvious that this isn't an isolated problem and the MoBo's they're handing out are bound to have the same defects. Although to be fair, even though they're quite slow, they've issued warranty extensions here, though I'm not quite sure if this applies worldwide, since the customer rep over at the local service center gave me some vague replies and just asked me to bring a copy of the said page when I bring my laptop in for repair. But given my past experiences with their service, I'm just opting for an external wireless card for now.

0 violent reactions: